ads

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Kojima: wrong to presume that my titles take too long to be developed

As I mentioned earlier Hideo Kojima spoke during the DICE 2016, and for the occasion he shared some personal opinions about the development of his work. According to the father of Metal Gear it would not be to be false that the securities to which works require Pharaonic resources and involve development time very diluted over time.


"Many people say that I spent too much money or helped me too much time, but they are mistaken beliefs. My latest project (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain) was delayed by five or six months, but I've always kept my word about the timeline and budget. For example, I need three to four years to create my games, but this is also the plan from the beginning, "replied Kojima during an interview with GameSpot.

"I need a long time to create my teaser, posters, and I also work on the creation of boxes for sale. The Japanese makers are famous for being lengthened maturities, and I think the people I place it in this category, but it is not the reality. In my case I'm a director and a producer, so I have to be aware of both the production and the budget. "

In recent weeks, Kojima announced it had partnered with Sony for the publication of his next project only on PC and exclusive console PlayStation 4. For now were not shared details on the work but, according to statements made by the parties, it seemed to understand that Kojima will enjoy considerable creative freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Vision Pro: Day One

It’s Friday, February 2, 2024. Today is the day. You’ve been eyeing the Vision Pro since Tim Cook stepped onstage with the product at last y...